Open Sundays. The Niles Depot Museum's primary focus is early railroads of Fremont, Newark, and Union City with an emphasis on the Niles District of Fremont - mainly the Southern Pacific and Western Pacific Railroads. Present-day railroads such as Union Pacific and Amtrak are also featured, as well as earlier railroads of the area such as the South Pacific Coast.
The museum features a wide variety of exhibits including:
• Equipment & photographs from Niles Tower
• Operating railroad signals
• Passenger train uniforms and artifacts
• Railroad lanterns
• Historic track tools
• Telegraph & railroad communications equipment
• Artifacts & photos of Niles and local areas
• History and photographs of other local area depots
• WP467, a Western Pacific Railroad caboose.